Thursday 15 September 2011

I love you in the whole wide world

I've been thinking of doing this for a while now. Not for anybody else, just for me. For my brain. A way to get out things I tell no one. And since I'm not putting real names in here then I can say anything and nobody will know.



I thought about a bunch of different names, but none really fit. This thing will likely be all over the place. Sometimes about allergies, sometimes about food (like the wonderful pumpkin cookies I made that I'm pretty sure I put crack in because they were really addictive) sometimes about my awesome family, sometimes about the strange house we bought and the things we're doing to fix it, sometimes about how I'm done done done, sometimes about random dates, sometimes about nothing, sometimes about grief and loss, sometimes about everything.

The name came from my almost 4 year old. He, as most 4 year olds do, gets some of his sayings adorably wrong. And tonight he looked at me and said "Mommy, I love you in the whole wide world". And he also likes race cars in the whole wide world, and cookies in the whole wide world, and his brothers and Daddy in the whole wide world.

And it stuck. Because hearing your sweet little boy tell you right before you leave his room at night that he loves you in the whole wide world is amazing. Because it's a big world out there, and for this one little fellow to love me in the whole wide world melts my heart and turns me to much.

So this blog is for everything in The Whole Wide World. All the bits I wish I didn't know, and all the bits I wouldn't trade for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment