Thursday 3 November 2011

Thankful... for my family

Ok. Time for a happy post!

Especially in light of my friend's husband just up and leaving, I am so so so thankful for Matt.
He is strong and brave and caring and helpful and wonderful and handsome to boot. The poor man can't cook (unless you count instant oatmeal as cooking- He does, I don't) but that's about his only fault. And he cleans up my giant cooking mess, so that's a fair trade-off.

Matt puts 2 of the 3 kids to bed each night. He does bath time often, he reads books and sings songs and cleans potties and kisses owies and deals with temper tantrums and teaches sharing and referees and tells endless stories about Winnie the Pooh eating toast. He sweeps the floor, does 97% of the laundry in the house (maybe closer to 98%.), rakes, does garbage, cleans the eaves and the furnace filter. He tells me he loves me every day, he showers the kids with attention, he's fantastic with even the teeny baby stage.

He really is the ideal made-up type of husband and father. And when I thank him or tell him that he's wonderful he just shrugs it off and thinks that all men are like this. I really really did luck out with him. And he (although he strongly disagrees) is too good for me. But he loves me to death. And I am so thankful for him.

1 comment: