Thursday 13 October 2011

Thankful for boys

I had no idea what I was missing in my life before I had a house of boys. I sometimes feel really really "out-of-the-loop" in my own house. Like every other member is part of some other culture and I'm on the periphery trying to figure it out.

Top 10 Thing I Have Learned From Boys

1. Penises are awesome. I mean really really awesome. And fun to talk about. And yell about. And be weird with. I don't think I can count the number of times in a day I bark a command about penises. "Bravo! Stop touching your brother with your penis!", "Alpha, don't chance Bravo with your penis!" "Bravo, get your penis out of the pot, I need to cook with that!" "argh! Penises are NOT weapons. They're penises. Go put on some underpants!" And the more I bark about them the more they're toys.

2. Love is best showed by sitting on, beating, burping on, farting on, squishing, or otherwise annoying  and bothering the person you are showing love for.

3. There is a BIG difference between a front end load and a back hoe digger and a bulldozer and an excavator and a bunch of other machines that I don't care about. And if you get the name wrong you WILL be corrected and have the difference explained to you. So listen and learn or this will happen tomorrow, too. And when I'm old and grey and have lost my mind I will still know the names of all these machines.

4. Little boys are gross. Boys being gross does not start "later". It is not learned from school mates or TV or anywhere else. They just are. And it's wonderful. Usually.

5. Rocks in the dryer are loud. Especially when there's 27 of them.

6. Mommies are better than anybody else in the whole wide world.

7. It is inherient in little boys to torture people. Maybe this is closly related to #2. Alpha already tortures Bravo with dangling spit (he's 4!!!) and Bravo has been told repeatedly that Charlie does NOT want to suck on his toe.

8. If there's a choice between calm and destruction, always always always choose destruction.

9. Rain and mud and puddles and dirt is not a deterant for going outside. It is a wonderful bonus. And if you've lost a boy look for the nearest puddle. He will be in it.

10. If nobody else is watching then snuggling is actually pretty awesome. But not as awesome as penises.

2 comments:

  1. yep, that about sums it up. I never wanted a boy and now I wish I had one more. He needs someone to beat up on so his poor sisters dont. ANd never ever say pick up your truck...because YOu will be told with an eye roll its a front end loader and it has a bucket...blah blah blah thats baout where I tuned out! LOVE MY BOY! Not so crazy on all the penis talk that comes with them though lol!~

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this. being from a family of 4 girls, I was scared of boys. Now that I have one, I want more. He's just 11 months but he's got an intense love for me that is..... different from my daughters. Not sure how, just different. Can't wait for the penis talk to begin!

    ReplyDelete