Wednesday 25 January 2012

Motherhood is hard. I'm finding it really difficult this week figuring out what percentage of time, energy and attention to spend on each of three kids, my husband, my house, my parents, cooking, cleaning, and somewhere down there, me. And I feel like I'm doing a miserable job this week of taking care of any of those things.

Kids are tricky. Each boy has his own wonderful-ness, and each boy has his I-could-sell-him-to-the-gypsies-ness. This week there is much more of the later and less of the former. Or is it the opposite? I can't really think about what later and former mean right now...... Fevers and teething and allergic reactions and too much time at Grandma's and the challenges of each age is proving to be a lot. Everyone is cranky and clingy and aggressive and tired. Including me. Only there is no me that I can cling and cry to.

This week I can feel the power of being mom. When I am tired and suck at patience, the whole house follows suit. We are all over-reactive this week and we all just need to chill.

I don't even know what on earth this post is about. Nothing I guess. Just that sometimes being a mom is hard. I have wonderful moments, I have wonderful days and weeks. This week just isn't one of them.

2 comments:

  1. YOu are an amazing Momma and don't you ever forget that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a great mama!! We all have off weeks and it's allowed, just don't forget how awesome you are!!

    ReplyDelete