Monday 28 January 2013

mugs of life

I'm pretty sure anybody who has read more than 3 of my posts is fully aware that I am a giant dork. Especially posts about me instead of my crazy family.

This will reinforce that.

There was a time in my life that wasn't great. I had compromised on a lot of things about me. I had let go of things that made me me. The result was a depressed Chrissy in a bad marriage who had totally lost herself in life. But you know what really stands out about that period in my life?

All of my mugs matched. The mugs matched each other and they matched the saucers which matched the plates which matched the bowls and I hated it. First thing I did when I started to get my brain back was to go to the thrift store and buy 4 mugs that made me happy. One of Matt's favourite shopping hobbies is going to thrift stores to buy mugs or glasses for me. We have some gooders now.

One day I'll do a drinking glass edition, but I'm going to start with the mugs.

I love that they don't match. I love picking out my
Mug based on my mood. I love that some of my mugs have stories.

Like this one.
Matt and I went to north Dakota a life time ago to visit a friend and I told her I thought the mug was fun. So she created an elaborate plan that included transferring her water to 3 different cups and mugs and eventually got it in her purse and stole it for me.

Or this one. It just makes me happy. Because sometimes I'm in a "Hello, World" type of mood. And it was $0.75 at goodwill but the lady saw it was chipped so I got it for a quarter. Score!!!


This one Matt loves. I think it's the ugliest thing in the history of ever and I refuse to drink out of it.

 
These ones..... Every 2 years at winners we have found a Beatrix potter mug. If the trend continues 2013 will bring the next one.

These 2 are my comfort mugs. Ones that suit a rainy day or a day when I'm just sort of crumby.

 


This one, why does it have a cow on it? A guy I used to support gave it to me at Christmas. I think it's from Dollarama.
 
This mug makes me happy. It has owls on it which make me happy. Alpha and Bravo have decided that these owls are our family. 4 babies of varying sizes, and a mommy and a daddy owl. When they're sad or sick this is the mug they want to drink out of.
 
And then there's this one. Bordering (or has it crossed the border) of questionable stereotypes. And just really really funny. I rescued it from work. It had been chosen as the mug that nobody would want to drink out of and was used instead to hold the dish scrubbers. So I traded with a boring mug from my house and brought this beautiful doozy home. I think it's one of my very favourites.



 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment