Thursday 8 March 2012

Our baby has a name at last!!
We have been struggling to find a real actual factual name for Delta. A girls name we can swing. But if this is another boy, we’re screwed. The first 3 were hard enough to name. This fourth one? We got nothing. We have ONE name that both Matthew and I equally don’t hate. Poor fourth baby.
Until now. We have a name. Girl OR boy.
Alpha was helping (can’t you tell?) to come up with names. When pushed to decide on our list of 4 names that neiterh Matt or I like Alpha insited that those were not good enough.
A-“Oh Mommy, I have the prefect name!”
Me- “what’s that”
A- “Muffin!”
Me- “muffin”?
A- “yes! Muffin!”
Me- “why muffin?”
A- “because I like muffins and I like this new baby.”
Me- “what about a middle name?”
A- “I already told you, Bob. Because of my bob” (Bob is his little stuffed bear that has been with us since I was 32 weeks pregnant with Alpha and has become Alpha’s best friend)
Me. “so… Muffin Bob Jennings?”
A- “yes. It’s perfect.”
Yes. It is perfect. For a dog, perhaps, but still perfect.

Oh. Update.
We were playing outside and Alpha re-named the baby.
A- "muffin isn't the right name, mommy."
Me- "oh, no?"
A- "maybe for a middle name. But the first name is Icicle."
Me- "Icicle? Icicle Muffin Jennings?"
A- "YES!!"

And he has been calling my belly that since.
Muffin Bob, or Icicle Muffin
We are all excited to meet you. Especially your big big big brother. Your big big brother is, too, but he mostly seems concerned that your baby blanket isn’t finished yet. Your big brother has no clue that you’re on the way. So grow and grow and grow and then come on out when you’re ready, OK? We love you. And I’ll try really hard to come up with something more fitted to a baby human than “Icicle.” I promise.
Love Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment